- A new letter texture has been added. Besides shadow and reflection, you have the amazing relief effect. Just like creating a kind of 3D letters.
You will find 3 buttons in the texture window for the 3 effects: shadow, relief and reflection.
- More background choice: besides the customized backgrounds in the full page, you can create your own colored backgrounds with the color palette.
- For a better user experience, the grid function for the full page is moved from the "settings window" to the "backgrounds window". Just tap on a grid model to activate it, and tap on the "X grid button" to cancel any grid.
According to my observation, there are several ways to draw successfully a serif. The chronology, the direction and the number of strokes depend on each individual skill. It's like drawing a circle, some people will do it clockwise, and other prefer the counter clockwise manner.
Finally, calligraphy is an art, then any artist has thousands of reasons to draw a serif in his/her own way.
Here are some examples of letter with serifs:
1/ Identify and observe carefully the basic forms and curves of the hand you want to learn. Measure the proportions of the letters.
2/ Reproduce the basic forms and curves in the training page of Calligraphy Art app. The guidelines are pre-drawn according to the letter height and the nib width. The default pen angle is also set up. And the digital paper is longer than your screen, its size is 1536x458 pixels.
3/ Draw each letter as much as you nead to perfect it. The digital drawing tool is really convenient for that, because you can undo, erase and clear at will.
4/ Draw one word all in minuscules or majuscules.
5/ Draw words by combining majuscule and minuscules. You can use the helpful « merge font » button (located at the right of the toolbar) to navigate between minuscules and majuscules models.
6/ Draw a short sentence in the training page.
7/ Draw a proverb, a wish or a poem in several lines in the full page. And some decorations. Just be creative !
- Western alphabets exercises
- Chinese words exercises
- Large pages for free creativity